i fucking hate this game *continues playing it*
no i can’t post that right now i already said goodnight
Top 10 Things About Gintama → #10 The Meaning of a Main Character
"You’re absolutely right. I can’t do anything alone. Everyone here has their flaws and imperfections. But that’s what drives us to work together to make up for those flaws. Together, we make the perfect main character."
Gintama is one of the few shows out there that really acknowledges how important the entire cast is. While Gintoki may be the obvious main protagonist, he isn’t the main character. Without each of his friends, Gintoki is nothing—and he knows it. He fights for his friends and makes sacrifices and so much more and that’s why he’s the perfect protagonist, but no matter what he does individually, he’ll never be a good main character. After all, Gintama isn’t a show just about Gintoki and his journey to collect the Dragon Balls or whatever, it’s a show about dozens of people just, you know, living. When they all come together, though, they make a truly perfect main character.
i am all for headcanon but i really think a lot of people don’t understand what the actual meaning of headcanon is.
headcanon is not ‘i don’t like this part of canon. in my opinion it should be different so i’m just going to replace it with what I think it should be’.
headcanon is ‘canon has never specified/is ambiguous about this specific thing, so i’m going to fill in the gap with my own reasonable guesses’.
"The foxglove derives it’s name from little folks-glove for the florets are worn by faeries sometimes as hats, sometimes as gloves. Another name often attributed to the flowers is goblins thimbles. Not, perhaps, in apt, considering that like foxglove contains digitalis, a heart stimulant and source of wild, dark excitement that goblins bring." -Brian Froud
- *hears noises at night*: well this is it this is the end for me I had a good life
- *gets shampoo in my eyes*: I guess I'm blind now how am I ever going to see my first born child
- *heart is beating fast*: I think I am having a heart attack is this what cardiac arrest is
- *a cop walks by*: here I go about to get arrested I probably murdered someone
- *taking a test*: don't take your eyes off of this paper you will get caught cheating and get kicked out of school and amount to nothing
- *gets a sunburn*: great now I have skin cancer how will I tell my parents
- *tripping over something*: I guess my leg will have to be amputated why did this happen to me
- *period is late*: shit i'm pregnant i'm the next virgin mary